Bad Axe elder law attorneys provide assistance after a diagnosis of a terminal illness. While no one ever wants to get the news that they are suffering from a serious medical condition, it is important that you take action to protect yourself and your loved ones during this emotional and difficult time. Biddinger & Estelle has provided help to many individuals and families located in Michigan’s Lake Huron shoreline communities and surrounding areas after bad medical news has been received.
Our legal team will provide you with compassionate and knowledgeable advice as you make plans for what the future will bring after a diagnosis of a terminal condition. You want to maintain your autonomy as long as possible, keep your assets safe and secure, and take control over your legacy and we will make this process as easy as possible as you cope with your concerns about your condition. Give us a call to find out more about how we can help you and your loved ones in these sad circumstances.
The Importance of Taking Action After a Terminal Diagnosis
A terminal illness means that decisions are soon going to have to be made on a care plan. Care costs may become expensive and you may need to pay for intensive medical assistance, including nursing care. You may wish to express your preferences in advance for where and how you’ll be cared for, who will make decisions if you can’t, and what will happen to your assets both at the end of your life and after you pass away.
There are many legal tools you can use to get your affairs in order after a terminal diagnosis, but you need to act quickly because it is often easier and more effective to make plans before an illness progresses. Biddinger & Estelle will help you to understand the different steps that can be taken so you take control over your future when you are sick.
How Bad Axe Elder Law Attorneys Can Help
Bad Axe elder law attorneys will work with you to use appropriate legal tools to protect yourself, your wealth, and your loved ones when you’ve gotten bad medical news. We can help you to:
- Create an updated legacy plan, including updating your last will and testament, creating trusts to avoid estate tax and facilitating the timely transfer of assets, and making plans for minor children or pets who may need care after you are gone.
- Create an end-of-life plan, including exploring options for hospice, determining who will make your medical decisions if you cannot, specifying who will care for your assets if you become incapacitated, and expressing your preferences for medical care you do and don’t wish to receive.
- Make a plan for your care in case your illness makes it impossible for you to live independently for a time period or in case your illness requires costly care of any type. We can help you to explore options for nursing home care and skilled nursing care, and can assist you with trying to qualify for Medicaid to get care covered while protecting your wealth.
Biddinger & Estelle helps with planning ahead for illness, but our legal team also assists with crisis planning. Whatever your situation, if you are sick or fear you may become badly sick in the future, our legal team can work with you to make the plans you need to be prepared for any health emergency.
Getting Help from Bad Axe Elder Law Attorneys
Residents of counties from St. Clair to Presque Isle along Michigan’s eastern shoreline, including the Thumb and northeast coast, have turned to Biddinger & Estelle to provide legal advice and advocacy after receiving a poor prognosis from a medical doctor. Our legal team will work with you to ensure that you don’t spend your last days worried about affording care, getting unwanted medical assistance or what will happen to your family and assets after you are gone.
We will ensure you create a comprehensive plan in a timely manner for the end of your life and for what happens when you pass away so you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that your affairs are in order. Our compassionate legal team will make the process easy and stress free so you can focus on what matters: enjoying time with your loved ones. To find out more about the ways in which our Bad Axe elder law attorneys can assist you after a diagnosis of a serious or terminal illness, give us a call at (989) 872-5601 or contact us online today.
Latest posts by Rachel Pelto (see all)
- How Your Family Situation Affects Your Plans for Your Legacy - December 18, 2017
- Pros and Cons of Guardianship - December 14, 2017
- Why Do People Procrastinate About Estate Planning? - December 10, 2017